Kay Boggis – Stop Frame Animation – Monster Underneath.

The last stop frame animation project we was given we had to make a model and set. Using references from Creature from Black Lagoon made in 1955 I designed my character. Once I had my final design I got some wire and made a skeleton armature model. I placed plasticine on the legs of the creature then using some yellow plasticine placed thin yellow lines down the legs to make it look like scales. After that we placed the green foam over the front and back of the upper body then used to glue gun to stick them all together then looking closely at the sketches painted the scales. I designed the background in Photoshop using different photos.


Reflecting back on the animation and the process I went through to make it I know there are areas to improve. I could have made my animation longer by animating my character doing something more than just popping up from behind the waves then moving back down. I could have also made the background a lot better and have the colours of the animation fit together. I do feel there are some areas I can work on and make better but expect from all the flaws I am pleased with the outcome of my animation.

Comments

Popular Posts