Shane Le Mar - Shooting Stop Motion Animation

This post is a little late as I just managed to get my Images off of the Camera, never-the-less few a days ago I had the Photography Studio booked for me to shoot my animation professionally.
The setup I was using was relatively simple, two warm lights shining onto my cutout background and character to ensure even lighting and allow me to control the shoot even more.
When setting up the scene I suddenly found that my character cannot stand for long on it's own so I got some Blu-Tac and stuck it's feet down to the set floor. This worked very well as the model was then stable wherever I happened to move it to.
Finally the shoot itself went very well, it was relatively easy to setup, easy to shoot and was over very quickly. The only thing that went wrong is that I had no choice but to cut my animation short as the camera battery (despite being fully charged when I took it) was about to run out of juice, this wasn't too bad of a thing however as it led me to make several creative solutions that I think worked very well. One of which was I wanted her to walk behind the wall on the right to get picked up by the UFO (so that I wouldn't have to work out a way to lift her up very much) however when the camera was flashing she was the opposite side of the stage meaning that I needed to fix this. To do so I moved her to the middle of the stage, attached wire to her back and lifted her slowly for each frame this worked very well as a solution (however the wire is slightly visible for two frames).

Comments

Popular Posts