Shane Le Mar - Genre with Dr Duncan Reekie & A visit from Professor Andrew Kötting

Today's lesson was a lecture on Genre and what defines a Genre, we discussed what genres there are and how we define each one of them. But today we were also visited by out external examiner, Andrew Kötting, who sat down with us one by one and spoke with us about how the course is going, if it is providing and how the college interacts with us. Whilst asking these questions he also wanted to see some of our work that we have been doing since the beginning of the course. This was a good experience for me as I feel that having someone who has spent many years as a film-maker, artist and writer that I don't see on a day-to-day basis objectively look over my work as it put pressure on me to show my best and be proud of what I have produced (which is something I don't usually do). On the whole i think this visit was greatly appreciated. Towards the end of the day Duncan gave a homework task to add an entry to his Tiki Toki Experimental Film timeline, was tasked with the Korean Artist Nam June Paik.

Comments

Popular Posts