Shane Le Mar - Motion Tracking in After Effects

Over the past few days I've been working on a project a "corporate looking" animated logo, specifically in the style of a motion graphic.
After I had created a logo that I was happy with I then began the putting my idea of Motion Tracking the logo onto landmark sites in Hastings into motion. Later on I would decide that the best way forward would be by filming my own high quality footage of landmark areas with a Canon Camera and Tripod.
In order to ensure my filming of these locations wouldn't be a fruitless endeavour I made the choice to test out some motion tracking inside of the college. I filmed some low quality footage of the college interior using my phone. I then chose an area that I would track the motion to (in this case it was the pole of the 4-5th floor stair case.
The test went very well as the motion tracked rather easily, however there were some large spikes in the tracking points where the software couldn't track the point as well. In order to fix this I had to go into the points editor and change where the motion tracking points sat manually (which was a tad difficult). In the end I was left with a reasonably good motion track that I can provide as good material for the project pitch we will be doing soon.

Comments

Popular Posts