HA!Fest motion capture animation - Matthew Lindfield

Matthew Lindfield

For the Hafest ident animated project I came up with a few different ideas for what the animation should be. My first idea was to have the logo fill up with a thick fluid that would be the orange colour that was assigned on the brief, although this idea would be interesting I thought that it didnt really seem fun or engaging. This lead onto my next idea to have a rube-goldberg machine. A series of interconnected parts that would interact with each other, such as a ball rolling down a track which knocks a hammer which would smash a glass full of water which would continue on, eventually at the end of the animation the logo would reveal itself. Although this was more engaging I realised it could be overly complex.

This resulted in my current idea. A dancing man, made of some abstract shape such as a lump of sand, a series of random dots or a blob-like material, with the Hafest logo cut out of his chest. In the end of the animation I've considered to have the man fall over, deflate or disintegrate.

Comments

Popular Posts