Sound Effects - Laurence Roper


In my last post I mentioned my apprehensions about adding sound in to my animations. sourcing sound was indeed somewhat challenging, looking for royalty-free sound effects that fit with my animations as well as having reasonably good sound quality and no additional background noise.
The Ha! Fest animation was perhaps the most challenging to find sound effects for as I wasn't particularly sure how the object would sound yet. I looked for many different kinds of sound effects including peculiar materials like rubbery sound effects but leaning more towards watery ones as they seemed to fit more accurately to the imagery. The sounds I used for it in the end were a lava sound effect and water spilling from a bottle. These worked really well to illustrate the strange material I was trying to depict. The lava sound utilised in the way I used it created a particularly interesting effect as if the object was underwater.
I faded the sound effect in and out so it would properly relate to the imagery giving the movement a stronger impact.
In the end this was much easier than I was anticipating and made the animations a huge amount more successful and interesting. In future animations I will definitely consider sound a much more imperative consideration before I call the animation finished.

Comments

Popular Posts