Kay Boggis – Commercial Animated Project – HA Fest Ident.


In response to the HA Fest Animation brief I chose to focus on turning the HI Fest hand logo into an animated character. An element of the brief that we were encouraged to respond to was the potential of the word HA so I developed a concept that could play with this idea.

Using Adobe animate I added eyes, legs and hands to the original logo. Once I finished turning the hand into a little character I used the skills I learnt from the Principles of animation unit to create a walk cycle.


I wanted my hand character to interact with another character so I developed my own foot creature.
When it came to designing the foot I created a few sketches because unlike the hand I had to design this from scratch. Some of the sketches had two eyes or only one and after some feedback I decided to go with one eye because I felt two would not suit the foot.

I then added the walk cycle to my foot character which was slightly more complicated because it had two sets of legs. This was not a problem as I copied, flipped and duplicated the legs that I had already animated from the hand charater. A problem I hadn't expected was that the walk cycle of the foot now look as though it was going backwards. I overcame this problem by reversing the frames. The colours I chose for the body of the foot are from the colour pallet we were given in the brief as a way of connecting our animations to the brand identity of the festival. Although the selection of colours wouldn't of initially been my choice I do recognise that they work well with bringing the two characters together as if they exist within one world.

Comments

Popular Posts