Shane Le Mar - 3D and how I implemented it

As mentioned in my previous post I have found a solution in creating 3D layers in After Effects. You cannot 3D model in After Effects usually (there are the 3D layers and camera but nothing that allows you model like in C4D). This led me to look around for the Video Copilot Plugin of Element 3D which in it's most basic form is a plugin that allows you to model (like in Cinema 4D, but a bit more basic). This has allowed me to create some amazing things that enhance my whole ident. As explained before the text wasn't very visible so I wanted to make it 3D so you could see it. In order to make the font 3D I had to spawn in a blank solid and add the Element 3D to the layer, setting the font layer as it's custom map thus letting me extrude the shape in such a way that it can be stretched out very far, I then rotated it slightly so that you could see that it was 3D and so it would have a shadow making it more visible. From all the feedback I've gotten from my peers and tutors it would seem this works very well, people can see it and it looks good. The only thing for me to do now is animate it in and add the displacement to make it wobble.

Comments

Popular Posts