Shane Le Mar - Motion Tracking and Compromise

I shot some new footage of the University 5th Floor that I had hoped would allow me to Motion Track more successfully than before however the opposite happened.
Upon tracking the point I realized that the higher the quality of the image the more dirt and obstructions it is then able to pick up on. This meant that I would have to edit the tracking path so it is a straight line as opposed to the wavy line you can see in the screenshot.

After some thought, I decided the PC's we have wouldn't be able to allow me to edit the points as the processors would make the screen display lag. To get around this I decided I will be editing the points at home and I made an overlay version of the Logo instead. Which is in some respects effective, it looks good and can fit a purpose of an animated logo. However this left me feeling unhappy as it wasn't what I planned to create so I will be continuing with the Motion Tracking however this overlay attempt was a good way for me to learn a new technique.

Comments

Popular Posts