Shane Le Mar - UCH Logo Footage, Green Screen & Problem Solving

Over the past week I've been shooting in several locations for the University Center Hastings Logo. I would use this footage to motion track the logo to, however I realized with the help of my tutor that the Motion Tracking did take away slightly from the logo itself. The reason behind my decision to remove the Motion Tracking element after so long was due to almost everyone I had shown the logo test to had told me that they were more focused on following the logo than the motion of the graphics. Instead of MoTracking I decided to overlay the logo animation over the footage so that the motion graphics were more of the focus over whatever background I have placed.
Finally in order to overlay my footage I attempted to remove the background from the logo animation which didn't work as it was black and cannot be keylight out. It was nice and easy to solve this problem due to having taught myself alot about backgrounds and keying after the disaster of the Lip Sync Project to prevent anything going that badly with keying again. I simply went into my original (just animation) composition and replaced the background with Green, rendered it off and continued on with the editing process.

Comments

Popular Posts