Shane Le Mar - An evening at the Kino-Teatr

Tonight I went to the Kino-Teatr to see a selection of short films from the Weird Sh*t Cellar. This event was called Sheared Wit at the Movies, I was encouraged to attend this event by Duncan Reekie and Glenn. I am glad that I attended as there were several good films in amongst the lot. There was three films in particular that I enjoyed, one of those was from Andrew Kotting that showed alot of passion and time put into it. The shots were beautiful and seemed to be taken by a drone however the way it had been edited made it look like a miniature set created in Stop Motion. The second one that I enjoyed was a very editing heavy film and showed the collapse of society and was titled the "Conservative Apocalypse". The final one that captivated me was Duncan's 'documentary' about how the Tate was built upon slavery and prompted me to look into it more when I got home. Overall I would say that the evening of Films was rather interesting, it was nice to go along and support my local film creators and to see some of our external examiners work alongside Duncan's work.

Comments

Popular Posts