Jay Boggis - Professional Practice - Evaluation for Crafty Friday Project.


Professional Practice - Crafty Friday 

We were given the task to create an ident for a local hospice which wanted to promote an event that it holds called  Crafty Friday. 
We needed to create a short animation with the theme of crafts which illustrated the nature of the event.
I started to brain storm different ideas, my first was having hands come into the frame and put together a little teddy bear that would then move towards Crafty Friday. 
My second idea was to have a paint brush create the word Crafty then have Friday created out of different fabrics.

After some feedback from my tutor I used both my ideas to create a storyboard. Instead of a teddy bear I created a little monster character that would walk onto the screen then shout out crafty Friday.  When thinking about what I could do for the Crafty Friday words I decided to use my idea of having the words appear in different fabrics.  Using Adobe Animate and the skills I had learned last year I created my character walking onto the screen. Using the skills I learned from Principles of Animation I was able to make my character feel  lifelike and move in a naturalistic way.

I wanted my character to walk onto the screen and stop in the middle then make lean backwards and have the motion of him shouting Crafty Friday.



How I did this was similar to how I created my hand animation, I made a walk cycle using Adobe Animate which was a bit difficult due to how I designed the legs. Once I had created the walk cycle I then added the anticipation movements of the character leaning backwards then forwards. How I made the Crafty Friday words was using text in Photoshop I gather images of different fabrics and materials then cut the letters out of them. The background was made by gathering different newspaper clippings and create the look of sky and ground.  


Comments

Popular Posts