Jay Boggis - Professional Practice - Evaluation for ESCG Logo


 Professional Practice - ESCG Logo. 

We were given the task to create an animation for the new College which involved the old Sussex Coast College logo transforming into the new logo East Sussex College which is made out of five birds.

I found this project a little difficult in the beginning I was unable to generate good ideas and the ones I had thought of I felt I would not be able to produce in the time given. I began to brain storm ideas for how I could make the old logo transform into the new and I was able to create the idea of the old logo falling down and as it hits the floor it bursts like a balloon would and the birds fly out and off camera. The more thought I put into this idea I started to feel having the old logo burst would be inappropriate. So I kept the rough idea of having the old logo fall in my mind while I thought of other ways the birds could fly out the logo. After some time I came up with the idea that instead of the logo popping it could crack like an egg.
I started to storyboard the idea of the logo falling down and cracking like an egg would. I went into Adobe Animate and started to practice animating what the logo would like and how fast I would animate it falling down. Once I got a rough idea on what the egg would look like when it falls I started to animate the old college logo falling and cracking like an egg.  



How I animated the birds flying was by taking the Birds that the College had sent to us and broke them down into 3 different parts. The body, upper wings and lower wings. Once I did this I imported them into Adobe Animate and moved the bird along. One frame would be just the upper wing then the next frame would be the lower wing and this created the impression that the birds were flying. When it came to the last part I had the birds fly in from the side and the East Sussex College text appear. At first the birds looked a bit robotic as they flew in because they was on a straight flight path and all came in as a squadron so with help from my Tutor I created new flight paths in which the birds would swoop in and this helped by giving the birds a more realistic feel and look.



Comments

Popular Posts