CRAFTY FRIDAY EVALUATION


The brief of this project was to create a positive advertising animation of St Wilfrid's hospice
"Crafty Friday".

I created an animation via Adobe Animate CC. I did this by educating myself via tutorials on Youtube. With my Wacom tablet, I followed the key frames of a stickman doing a backflip on to a pot of paint which was relevant to the brief because paint represents creativity, and the aftermath of the paint splats would help create inner depth to the animation. Paint is one of the types of media the children in the hospice would be using and I feel that for a beginner animator using Animate CC I conveyed the message clearly.





I found sound effects on the music archive that were royalty free and added them via premiere pro, I also selected "Effects & Presets" and experimented with different themes. I applied effects such as "Tint" which made the entire animation seem more icy. I felt that this would fit in with the current season as winter will be approaching rapidly. I decided to create the font of "Crafty Friday" out of snowflakes to tie in with the previous color schemes, I found the font overall disappointing as I was keen to make the snowflakes glow via Photoshop but it was harder than expected. I think that over the course of this brief, I learned a lot of vital skills and had my first real introduction to industry standard animation software.


By Saphire Addams

Comments

Popular Posts