Shane Le Mar - College Logo Transition

Shortly after I was given the Crafty Friday project I was given another live brief however this time it was not from an outside company, it was from Sussex Coast College (now re-branded to East Sussex College). It was because of this re-branding that we were tasked with animating a transition between the old SCCH logo and the new ESCG logo. This was a task which could have been seen as dull and boring, however it was very much in my area of expertise as I could apply some of my After Effects skills to make something that looks impressive and serves the purpose.

The Animation of the birds was incredibly simple as the wing down look is simply the wings up but rotated and moved slightly so this was easy to duplicate across all the birds. Now all that was left was to animate the SCCH logo coming onto the screen and the same with the ESCG logo. The SCCH logo was relatively simple as it was simply created with a trim path and multiple layers to make it appear as if it was being drawn onto the screen. As with the previous animation the ESCG was easy to animate too but only down to the fact that I had learnt a new skill to animate text in AE. After this it was simply a case of compositing all the pieces together.


Looking back at what I’ve created for Part 2 of Module 1 I can say with certainty that I am proud to show it off. There are a few tweaks I would make however, one of which would certainly be the way that the 2D layer birds rotate in 3D space. If I were to re-create this project at any point or had the time to repair things I would either not have the birds rotate and find a way to get them to fly on differently or I would create an extrusion of the birds in the Element plugin so that they have some depth to themselves. Aside from this glaring flaw I would say the project went relatively to plan in my eyes.

Comments

Popular Posts