Shane Le Mar - Crafty Friday Ident

To begin with I was handed a live brief from outside company (St Wilfrid's Hospice), the brief was to create an Animated Logo to promote the event they run called Crafty Friday which aims to involve the surrounding areas community in workshops and activities every Friday with demonstrators visiting fortnightly. The purpose of this event is to integrate to community into the hospice and vice-versa as hospice’s have a reputation for being a gloomy place, however St Wilfrid's Hospice aims to change that by having the residents and the neighborhood interacting at this event and with the residents of the care home. The objective for this project was to create an animation that can be used on their website as promotion for the event. The deadline for this was very tight as we only had three weeks (and another project going on at the same time with the same due date). Initially this seemed very similar to other projects I had worked on in the past. Due to this I wanted to do something different to what I had worked on in the past. As I had mainly worked on Motion Graphics in After Effects. This time I wanted to try something in CGI, specifically in C4D as this is an area I wish to grow my skills in.

Upon reflection I can see that there are some small changed I could make to this project, for example the introduction of the balloons to the composition could be smoother and more dynamic rather than a simple fade (or the reverse paint splodges that I tried and then removed) however with the time I had I didn’t have too much time to experiment as I had to work on the other Logo project too. As for the bulk of the animation I am relatively pleased with what I created. It fits the brief exactly and the client (once the work was submitted) seemed happy with the work that was done. I don’t think I needed too much time on this project as if I had been given longer I would have just spent too much time fiddling with the smallest things.

Comments

Popular Posts