Halls- Sam Foster




Here is a 2D animation that I had created for the 2D animation module, this was made in Sony Vegas and it is an abstract film that showcases a series of experimental studies on how Sony Vegas's lighting effects can be implemented within an animation. The main effects that I had used were "Starburst" and "Light Ray" which, when combined, allowed me to rotate the imagery that I had used whilst simultaneously adjusting the lighting of the select imagery to my desired contrast,brightness and amount. The reason why this film is giving the illusion of a poor aspect ratio film is because I had gained inspiration from the old 8-bit video game consoles and that the music that I had used in the animation was in fact based upon a 16-bit SNES console.

Whilst I thought that the music was an interesting outlook for creating my film, I feel rather disappointed with the result because the animation and the music feel rather despondent from one another which was practically the opposite of my intent as I wanted the music to be harmonious with the animation.However with this being said, I feel that I have stumbled across a potentially interesting combination with the "Starburst" and the "Light Ray" effect as it allows me to create a series of imagery that is rather similar to the works of John Whitney. Had I more time with this project, I would certainly like to improve the continuity of the music and the animation to create a more harmonious result as I feel that without the interesting contrast of sound and imagery, I will only have a series of strange visuals without much context that will provided with the sound.

Looking back, I feel that I would like to spend more time on this animation, perhaps I can improve it over the Christmas Holidays and that I can also reflect upon this animation in a more positive outlook.

Comments

Popular Posts