Jay George - Live Action Combination.

For the Live Action Combination module I decided to create a 30 second animation homage to Georges Melies which involves a cartoon moon, a rocket, an alien spaceship and some space junk in the form of bottles that fly around the Moon. I resourced a clear 1920x1080 picture of the Moon from the Internet due to not being able to get a close and clear picture of the moon myself. I gathered some more images of planets and other objects e.g galaxy to create the background behind the moon to make it feel more full and interesting. 



Throughout the animation the Moon interacts with these objects by watching them fly past. I decided to make him blink and have mouth expressions that change because I felt it would bring more life to the Moon and make it have a character that expresses dismay at the plastic pollution.

 I created the assets e.g. eyes, rocket and spaceship in Adobe Animate then imported them into After Effects which I decided to use to construct the animation instead of Adobe Animate. The reason chose to use After Effects was because I wanted to learn more about animating in this software and improve my skills in After Effects.



 Once I had finished animating, I rendered the final clip and imported it into Premier Pro. Once I did that I found audio clips of Apollo 11 and Final Transmission of the lost Russian cosmonaut. This audio compliments the animation and gives it an added ambiance that we relate to space travel. 

Comments

Popular Posts