Model-Making - Laurence

Having shot the film the result was fairly successful. The animation is minimal featuring a few minor movements and a walk cycle this is fairly effective though as I put a lot of time in to producing the character and background this simple animation well showcases these aspects in movement. The background was heavily inspired by The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari using very abstract imagery to depict the houses which was a really interesting method of producing a background as I hadn't previously even considered an abstract background. This style creates an interesting visual appearance without detracting from the character which I feel really helped my animation and saved time as trying to paint a heavily realistic environment would have probably been much more time consuming.
overall this experimental background was a greatly beneficial and fun way to produce it.

The animation process was also really interesting as instead of staying with more still or panning camera shots as I commonly use I used a lot of cuts in the animation displaying a lot of different camera angles and faster paced imagery. It feels like a much more interesting way of depicting the animation as it shows the imagery from lots of different perspectives and gives a more dynamic, film-like, feeling to the final product which was especially useful in this example as I had only really used very simple clips of animation. This method also allowed me to completely avoid showing the car in the animation which was in my opinion a beneficial aspect to the narrative as it emphasizes the idea of the person not seeing the car before they walk in to the road.
Overall it was a really interesting and experimental process and I feel it has definitely helped me figure out new and interesting ways to display an animation in any media that I will use in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts